Notice concerning use of this site
The John Lautner Foundation (“the Foundation”) has created and maintains this site (“the “Site”) in support of its mission to provide education, information, communication and personal enjoyment to the public. Access to and use of this Site is subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and other notices. You acknowledge full and complete acceptance of these terms.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Access to and use of the Foundation image and text files and data on this Site are subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The text, images, and data on the Site are protected by copyright land may be subject to other restrictions as well.The Foundation and relevant third parties retain all rights, including copyright, in data, images, audio an dvideo clips, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively: the “Materials”). Users may download Materials for their own use, subject to these Terms and conditions, and subject to any additional terms or restrictions applicable to the individual file or program, provided all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Materials is retained.
2. The Materials are made available for use without permission only for limited non-commercial personal or educational use, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws. Users must cite the author and source of this Material as they would material from any printed or other work, and the citation should include the URL “www.johnlautner.org”, in addition to all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Materials. In granting this limited permissino, however, note that the Foundation does not warrant or represent that use of Materials displayed on the Site will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with the Foundation. Copyright and other proprietary rights in the Materials may be held byindividuals and/or entitites other than by the Foundation, including reproductions of photographs licensed to the Foundation by third parties holding rights to these works, or images of people or places displayed on the Site. Use of these images by you is prohibited unless specifically permitted bythese Terms and Conditions.
3. The Foundation expressly prohibits the use, copying, display, publication, distribution, transmission, modification, reposting or exploitation for commercial or public purposes of any protected Materials on the Site, and permits only the purposes described above.
4. While the Foundation uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Site, the Foundation makes no representations or warranties as to its accuracy. The Foundation assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
5. Use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither the Foundation nor any other party invilved in creating, producing, delivering or maintaining the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, all Materials on the Site are provided “AS IS” WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. The Foundation assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other rpoperty on account of your access to, use of, browsing in, or downloading of any Materials from the Site.
6. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by the Foundation or its licensees for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, posting and the like. The Foundation is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
Any party wishing to use any of the Materials from the Site, for any purpose other than the limited purposes identified above, must request and receive prior written approval from the Foundation. Permission for such use is granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the Foundation. For inquiries, please contact:
the address, telephone or fax number at the bottom of this page.
A usage fee may be charged depending on the nature and type of the proposed use. The Foundation reserves the right not to grant permission to use its Materials, and does not grant permission to use Materials of third parties.
The trademarks, online logo marks and service marks (the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site, including The John Lautner Foundation, John Lautner, the Lautner Foundation, and Associates of John Lautner, and design marks therin, are registered and/or unregistered Trademarks of the Foundation. The Trademarks of third parties may also be displayed on the Site. Nothing contained in this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any right or license to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without written permission of the Foundation or any third party owner of the Trademark displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the site, including alteration or use out of context, is strictly prohibited.
The Site may contain links to third party sites. The Foundation has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site or linked from the Site and is not responsible for any content of any linked site.Your linking to any off-site pages or to other sites is at your own risk. inks are provided as a convenience only, and a link does not imply endorsement, sponsorship or any affiliation with the linked site.
DIGITAL MILLENIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
For purposes of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512(c)(2), the Foundation has designated an agent for notification of claimed infringement as follows:
Judith Lautner, member
The Foundation provides this contact information for purposes of the DMCA only and reserves the right to respond only to correspondence that is relevant to the purposes of compliance.
The Foundation may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions and other notices contained herein by updating this posting. You are bound by such revisions and should periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions.